Understanding Generational Differences and Motivations
This course is designed to provide an alternative and contemporary view of motivation. Firstly, it considers how the four motivational states / levels of engagement that exist within individuals can be managed to improve performance. Secondly it considers the issue of generational difference and suggests how each of the different generations in the workplace is motivated differently.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand how to recognise and manage people through the four motivational states / levels of engagement.
- Recognise that there are four different generations in the workplace.
- Understand how to manage each of the four generations more effectively.
- 1/2 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session
- What is motivation?
- Motivation and performance
- The four motivational states
- How to manage each motivational state
- The four generations
- Different generations values, attitudes to
- work and triggers
- Segmenting your team by motivational
- state and by generational difference
- Selling scenario practice and feedback
- Transferring learning back to the workplace