Facilitating and Chairing Meeting Skills
The overall purpose of this course is to enable the delegates to chair / facilitate meetings that are focused, keep to time, and get results.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Make their meetings shorter, more focused and productive.
- Set expectations and standards of behaviour in meetings. Manage distractions, interruptions and disruptive people.
- Know how to participate actively and make effective contributions.
- 1/2 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session
- What it is and why it is important?
- Role and responsibilities of meeting chairs
- Role and responsibilities of meeting delegates
- Objectives, purpose and outcomes
- Making meetings brief
- Tools for generating ideas
- Tools for gaining consensus
- Setting expectations
- Encouraging participation
- Handling disagreements
- Making proactive interventions
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.