Effective Feedback Skills
This course is designed to provide delegates with the skills and confidence to both give and receive feedback effectively to and from others in the organisation (e.g. boss, peers, and subordinates). During the course the delegates will be expected to give and receive feedback from each other.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Develop a greater understanding of the importance of giving, encouraging and receiving positive and developmental feedback.
- Deliver feedback more skillfully and with greater comfort
- Help managers give and receive feedback in a consistent and effective way and identify personal development areas in handling and giving feedback to their teams.
- Encourage a stronger ‘feedback culture’, thereby improving relationships and the frequency and clarity of feedback given.
- Increase their awareness and participation in both giving sideways and upwards feedback, acting on feedback and rewarding success.
- 1/2 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session
- The challenges of feedback
- The importance of feedback
- Learning from the past
- OSCAR model
- Ladders of Inference
- Asking questions
- Body Language
- Art to giving positive feedback
- Practising Feedback
- Removing the barriers to feedback
- Committing to action
- Transferring learning back to the workplace