Key Account Management
Existing customers are the most important value stream for most organisations. This course will help delegates establish a proactive approach with major clients so that they are managing the account for the long term benefit of the business.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Use business development skills for gaining entry to potential new clients.
- Build long-term relationships at all levels within clients’ organisations.
- Use negotiation skills to persuade, influence and grow existing accounts.
- Develop networking skills to grow existing client base.
- Develop the ability to manage multiple relationships with equally high levels of service.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training sessions
- Role of key account management
- Recognising which customers are key accounts
- Stages of key account management
- Measuring key account profitability
- The value of planning
- Pareto analysis of accounts
- Client environmental scan
- Understanding the competition
- Identifying opportunities for developing business
- Psychology of buying
- Using personal preferences to understand behaviour – yours and the clients
- Techniques for building rapport
- Recognising where power and influence lie
- Developing an influencing map
- Pyramid of influence –influencing techniques to change behaviour
- The competitive differentiator
- Setting a client experience proposition
- Identifying ‘touch points’
- Managing touch points for an amazing client experience
- Preventing issues arising
- Practical tools for conflict resolution
- Dealing with complaints
- Transferring learning back to the workplace