Face to Face Communication Skills
This course will provide delegates with the opportunity to work with colleagues to review and develop their own customer service skills with a particular focus on face-to-face communication skills.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the impact, effect, and the importance of your body language, how you look and sound as well as the choice of words you use.
- Assess your listening skills and learn how to develop them further.
- Learn techniques which will stimulate listening in others and demonstrate that you are genuinely listening to them.
- Effectively build rapport and recognise how it can be destroyed.
- Manage and exceed customer expectations through effective questioning.
- Use the Questioning Funnel effectively.
- Keep conversations on track for a more efficient way to deal with others without reducing the service that you provide.
- Build an action plan for the on-going improvement of communication skills.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course / online training session(s)
- Course objectives and agenda
- Delegate objectives
- Open discussion to identify individual communication challenges and the impact these challenges have on your success.
- Learn about the impact of what we say & how we say it – taking into consideration the words we use, the tone we say it in and what our body language is subconsciously saying.
- Take a quick/fun Listening Test to evaluate your listening skills
- What can you do to stimulate others to listen to you?
- What can you do to create a fantastic and long lasting impression by building rapport and communicating well?
- Questioning skills are more than just asking Open and Closed questions – Open is not always good and Closed is not always bad
- Learn about the Questioning Funnel to enable you to ask the right type of question at the right time in a conversation
- Develop a tried and tested format to structure your conversations, to enable a Win: Win result for all.
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.
Covid 19 has certainly brought its own challenges but there are opportunities too. We specialise in face to face training that is engaging, integrated and business relevant. The majority of our courses can also be delivered virtually. We believe that good leaders recognise the importance of investing in their people especially during tough times so please look at our offers page to find out how we can support you.