Dealing with Difficult Customers and Situations
Occasionally customer facing staff have to deal with frustrated, aggressive or difficult customers and this course is designed to equip them with the necessary skills and confidence to deal with these situations effectively.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Manage customer expectations and problems constructively.
- Have difficult conversations with customers and deal with tricky or aggressive customers and situations successfully.
- Be able to predict the escalation of a potentially aggressive incident.
- Increase their personal resilience and be able to deal with the impact of a difficult incident
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course / online training session(s)
- What is a tricky or difficult customer interaction?
- What happens in a customer conflict situation
- Recognising a potentially aggressive incident
- Responses to difficult types of behaviour (passive, aggressive, assertive)
- Assertive communication techniques
- Assertiveness tools
- Building trust and rapport
- Prevention is better than cure
- Being clear about the outcomes you want
- How to conduct a difficult conversation
- Key Tools
- Saying ‘no’ effectively
- Key ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’
- Predicting aggression
- Maintaining composure
- Calming people down
- Tools for dealing with confrontation and aggression
- Concept of personal resilience
- Calming yourself down
- Increasing resilience and managing stress
- In the moment
- In the long term
- Case studies and role play
- Transferring learning back to the workplace