De-escalation of Dissatisfied and Angry Customers
The primary aim of this course is to understand what makes a customer angry and recognise the common triggers and emotions associated with dissatisfaction. The course looks to develop effective communication skills, providing participants with strategies to de-escalate tense situations and foster active listening skills to comprehend customer concerns empathetically. It also covers conflict resolution techniques along with methods to address customer grievances.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify common factors that lead to customer dissatisfaction and anger.
- Demonstrate effective questioning and active listening skills to recognise customer concerns.
- Feel confident when conveying empathy and understanding when required.
- Apply conflict resolution techniques if confronted by an angry customer.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different conflict resolution approaches.
- Introduce stress management exercises to cope with challenging customer interactions.
- Display a customer-centric approach in problem-solving and decision-making.
- The workshop will include scenario based exercises and role playing.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course / online training session(s)
- Course and participant objectives and preview agenda
- Review psychological factors contributing to customer anger.
- Identify common triggers and emotions associated with customer dissatisfaction.
- Strategies for effective communication to de-escalate tense situations.
- Development of active listening skills to comprehend and respond empathetically.
- Introduction to proven conflict resolution techniques.
- Providing tools to navigate disagreements while maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Techniques for developing resilience in dealing with difficult/aggressive or angry customers.
- Fostering a proactive mindset to turn challenging situations into opportunities for customer satisfaction.
- Identifying early signs of potential conflicts.
- Development of crisis management skills to handle escalated situations with composure and efficiency.
Transferring learning back to the workplace.