Advocacy and Influencing Skills
The course is aimed at managers who have responsibility for delivering specific outcomes through a wide range of stakeholders.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Apply the principles of advocacy and influencing positively and with confidence.
- Use their skills to deliver the best possible outcomes for their organisation.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- What are the challenges facing managers today?
- Influencing what other people believe to effect a change
- Involving others (stakeholders, networking, building relationships)
- Reactive / Proactive Advocacy
- Planning for successful advocacy
- What do you want to change?
- How can change come about?
- Who can help you bring about change?
- What methods will you use?
- How effective is your strategy and where do you need to adapt?
- Explore the influence model
- Understanding your own influence style
- Selecting appropriate styles to different situations
- Identifying personal blocks
- Understanding personal power (push & pull)
- Gaining entry
- Joint diagnosis
- Bringing about (delivery)
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.