Train the Trainer
This course is designed to equip delegates with the essential skills and confidence to prepare and deliver highly effective training workshops. It is a valuable session for both newly appointed trainers and those looking for a refresher.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Design and deliver structured training sessions with well-defined outcomes.
- Meet people’s needs and expectations.
- Make learning and development exciting and creative.
- Be confident in dealing with individual and group behaviour.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training sessions
- How do we learn?
- Understanding personal motivations
- Framing the learning
- Involving learners in their development
- Safety and how to create it
- Handing over learning
- Relevance and attention
- Exploring application and meaning
- Defining purpose and outcomes
- The DP planning tool
- Evaluating learning
- Pre-course materials
- Questionnaires, scenarios, exercises, role plays and experiments
- Personal reflection activities
- Visual aids, posters etc.
- Using music
- Workbooks and learning logs
- Setting expectations
- Encouraging participation
- Making proactive interventions
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Training delivery and feedback
- Transferring learning back to the workplace