Personal Effectiveness and Priority Management
The focus of this course is on developing the skills of the delegates to be more efficient and productive in their daily work and meet deadlines more regularly. We will provide the delegates with a time log that they must complete prior to the course.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Use diary and priority management tools to manage their priorities and tasks more efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Manage and minimise interruptions and distractions to their work.
- Leverage their time.
- Use their time and energy more effectively to deliver better results for themselves and the organisation.
- 1 day/In house
- Taking responsibility
- Being proactive
- Planning for the future
- Work-life balance, energy and interests
- Do you do too much or have too much to do?
- Concept of urgent vs important priorities
- Importance of setting goals and targets
- Setting priorities for the coming week, month and year
- Using a priority management tool
- Using a diary effectively
- Protecting key time
- Understanding ‘time stealers’
- Saying no to others’ responsibilities
- Managing your work environment and distractions
- Hints and tips for managing emails, etc
- Delegates examine their time log and identify how they can be more productive
- Theory and practise of leverage
- The delegation process
- Understanding levels of authority
- Transferring learning back to the workplace