Negotiating for Success
This course is designed to equip delegates with the essential skills for effective negotiations both internally and externally to their organisation.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the underlying principles and concepts of negotiation.
- Identify various strategies for reaching agreement.
- Negotiate effectively in a range of situations.
- Close the ‘deal’.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training sessions
- Defining negotiation
- Negotiation as a process
- Win – Win strategies
- The value of Win – Win
- Identifying Key Skills
- Building rapport – tools & techniques
- Questioning & listening
- Reading and responding to non verbal communication
- Defining objectives and purpose
- Clarifying issues
- Understanding the other party and their position
- Planning compromises and concessions
- Deciding on an acceptable level of agreement
- Benefits of flexibility
- Behavioural styles
- Identifying and responding to different styles
- ‘Agreement’ signals
- Overcoming objections – tools for gaining agreement
- Closing the negotiation
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.