Mental Health Awareness
To gain an understanding of common mental health illnesses and an awareness of sources of support.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand issues relating to staff mental health.
- Understand what mental health means and that we all have a mental health.
- Understand the impact mental health issues can have on health and performance.
- Spot early signs of mental ill health.
- Signpost someone towards relevant support.
- Advocate for staff mental health awareness.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- What is mental health?
- The impact of a good/poor mental health
- What are the symptoms?
- How to differentiate between symptoms.
- How can you spot them in others?
- What causes us to have poor mental health?
- The defences we create to deal with emotions
- What can we do to build a better mental health?
- The signs to look for – good or poor mental health
- Addiction and alcoholism
- Therapy; CBT, Psychodynamic and others
- Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness
- Self help to build good mental health
- The impact of physical health on mental health
- Case studies to highlight how to help others
- What boundaries you need in place
- Creating a personal stress management plan
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.