Managing Your Career
This course is designed to develop practical skills which will help delegates manage their careers and create a compelling future for themselves in order to reach their full potential. In today’s VUCA environment, where competition is high and job security is not assured, people often feel reluctant to move on, that choices are limited and opportunities few. This course is for anyone at any stage in their career but particularly those who may feel they are at a crossroads and not sure of the road to take.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Manage their career in a way that really works for them.
- Proactively look for and make the most of opportunities to further their career.
- Understand and put into practice the skills to give them career choices so they remain motivated to achieve and fulfilled in their work life.
- Build relationships and network effectively.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- How did you get where you are today?
- Taking stock
- Life balance
- Begin with the end in mind
- The key ingredients to a highly successful career
- What really drives you in your career?
- What are your key motivators?
- Where ideally do you want to be in the future?
- Preparing yourself to be the best you can be
- Creating a short and long term vision
- Compelling goals
- Transferable skills
- How to create opportunities internally and externally
- Building relationships and rapport
- Networking Map
- Tips for making the most of networking opportunities
- Putting together an action plan so you can create the career of your dreams
- Transferring learning back to the workplace