Managing Personal Stress
The overall purpose of the course is to enable the delegates to recognise the signs of stress and to learn strategies to manage stress effectively and to minimise the impact of it.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the difference between pressure and stress.
- Recognise signs of stress and how it how can affect them.
- Describe the key causes of workplace stress.
- Use a range of techniques to manage stress more effectively.
- 1/2 day – 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- Course agenda
- Delegates’ objectives
- What is pressure and what is stress?
- Definitions of stress
- The body’s response to stress
- Impact and consequences of stress
- Key causes of stress in the workplace
- Concept of personal resilience
- Increasing your resilience
- Being proactive
- Understanding the difference between urgency and importance
- Having a plan
- Avoiding procrastination
- Managing distractions and interruptions to your work
- Managing with email/telephone etc more effectively
- Dealing with other people
- Strategies to manage stress in the moment
- Strategies to manage stress in the long term
- Creating a personal stress management plan
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.