Great Performance Appraisals
This course is designed to develop the delegate’s skills and confidence in planning and conducting effective appraisals.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise what to appraise and what not to appraise.
- Set clear motivational objectives.
- Review performance and give feedback confidently and effectively.
- Deal with difficult behaviours and responses from appraisees.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
Rights and responsibilities at work
What is appraisal?
What should be appraised?
Mechanisms for setting expectations
Setting standards and expectations
Keys to success
Why appraisals can be difficult
Creating the right environment
Conducting the appraisal
Giving feedback that sticks
Role of development at work
Identifying learning needs and development interventions
- Tips for handling difficult responses
- Transferring learning back to the workplace