This course is designed to equip delegates with the essential skills for facilitating meetings and teams.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of a facilitator.
- Facilitate open discussion through listening, questioning and summarising skills.
- Be confident in dealing with individual and group behaviour.
- Deliver better outcomes from meetings.
- 1 to 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- What is facilitation and why is it important?
- Expectations – role of a facilitator
- Posture and assertive communication
- Questioning and summarising
- Use of body language
- Identifying the problem
- Generating ideas
- Solving problems
- Gaining consensus
- Setting expectations
- Encouraging participation
- Handling disagreements
- Making proactive interventions
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Objectives, purpose and outcomes
- Facilitation practice
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.