This course is designed to help delegates to improve their levels of emotional intelligence and communicate more productively at work.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Put into practice tools for improving emotional intelligence and handling challenging situations
- Understand your triggers, behaviours and responses to others
- Shift into a higher level of self-awareness and personal responsibility
- Understand how to handle conflict and feedback with calm, gratitude and openness
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- Emotional Intelligence: what it is and why it matters
- Self-awareness: how do we develop it?
- Learn a simple, proven process for improving self-awareness
- Understand how to identify your perceptions and beliefs about others at work
- See what lies ‘below the surface’ of your reactions
- Learn how to question your thoughts about yourself and others
- Understand the fears that block assertiveness and honesty
- Learn how to assert yourself more calmly: why assertion doesn’t equal aggression
- Interpretations: ‘What someone says vs ‘what you think they say’
- Learning how to handle sensitive/difficult issues
- Taking responsibility vs being a victim; which one do you choose?
- Questions and techniques for handling and resolving conflict situations
- Criticism: how can we befriend it?
- Receiving feedback: how to take it
- Giving feedback: how to give helpful, useable feedback
- Exploring resources and support to continue your journey to greater self-awareness
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
What Our Clients Say about our Emotional Intelligence Course
"Developing People has supported us in some team training and helped us to understand how we can impact our service for our customers in a positive way and given us the tools to help realise that our own Emotional Intelligence has a huge impact within our daily working and home lives. We look forward to working together in the future on some more courses that will continue to support a team who truly feels valued and that we are investing in their future through their own development"
Hannah Davies, Office Manager, GCCFRead More