Creative Problem Solving
This course is designed to equip managers with the necessary skills to solve problems effectively and make the right decisions for the organisation. Delegates will be encouraged to bring with them an issue that they are currently facing that they can work on during the day.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Use a framework for solving problems and making decisions.
- Use a variety of creative idea generation techniques.
- Think outside of the box.
- Analyse issues more deeply and use sound judgement.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- What is ‘creativity’?
- Types of creativity
- How we prefer to be creative
- Defining the problem
- Gathering data
- Convergent Vs. divergent thinking
- Problem solving activities
- Brainstorming variations
- Brain writing
- Idea checklists
- Evaluating ideas
- Isolating hits
- Evaluation matrices
- Paired comparisons
- Preparing for action
- What prevents us from being creative?
- Organisational culture
- Creating an innovative culture
- Issues analysis
- Diagnosing problems
- Using sound judgement
- Transferring learning back to the workplace