Confidence, Assertiveness and Personal Impact
This highly interactive course will help delegates improve their confidence and assertiveness and present themselves more confidently at work. Delegates will identify and learn how to make small but significant changes, which together can lead to sustained benefits in their life.
At the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
- Define confidence and assertiveness.
- Understand the impact of thoughts, emotional and emotional intelligence and use a range of techniques to more positively influence their thoughts and feelings and achieve better results
- Prepare themselves to act confidently and assertively across a range of situations
- Create a better first impression and recover from setbacks
- Get attention and build rapport
- Use techniques to overcome nervousness.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- My objectives for this training
- What does assertion / confidence cause me to gain or lose?
- Too nice for your own good?
- Understanding and dealing with assertion, aggression, passivity and passive aggression
- The importance of boundaries
- How to set and maintain healthy boundaries
- Getting rid of tolerations
- What does this look like?
- State Management and the No’s that means yes
- Using rapport to build connection and increase impact
- Deal with setbacks and nerves: Box Breathing and “Step Out”
- Speaking Assertively. How to ask for what you want
- Removing Watering down words
- Building bridges with “yes, and …”
- How to say no
- Brené Brown’s TED talk and how vulnerability can be a wellspring of deep strength and authenticity
- How thoughts affect emotions and influence the results we get
- Turning ANTs into CATs: reframing negative thoughts
- You can do hard
- Internal Mentors exercise
- Looking back and Looking Forwards
- Individual Development Plans