The purpose of the course is to help managers adapt their leadership style dependent on the different skills, confidence and motivational levels of their direct reports.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the skills, confidence levels and motivation of individuals on individual tasks.
- Adapt your style based on the needs of the individual to help manage them so they can achieve their best.
- Be able to demonstrate directive behaviours.
- Be able to demonstrate supportive behaviours.
- Be able to build the skills of individuals, motivate them and build their confidence.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- The importance of being a Situational Leader
- Overview of the Situational Leadership model
- Diagnosing individual’s competence
- Diagnosing individual’s motivation and confidence
- Directive Behaviours
- Supportive Behaviours
- 4 Leadership Styles
- Matching your leadership style to the needs of individuals
- How to keep on track
- The impact of mismatching your style
- Case Studies
- Putting Situational Leadership into practice
- Applying Situational Leadership to your people
- Transferring learning to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.