Role of the Line Manager
Our Role of the Line Manager course is designed to develop the delegates’ skills to manage other people.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what is expected from them as a Line Manager.
- Influence and motivate others – whether they have line authority for them or not.
- Recognise shortfalls in performance, confront poor performance and take action to raise standards of performance.
- Understand the legal framework around employment – the basic do’s and don’ts.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training sessions
- What is the role of a Line Manager?
- What the role is and is not
- The manager’s three imperatives
- Personal power Vs positional power
- Professional management behaviour
- Leading by example
- Customer supplier concept and leadership
- The role of management in change
- Human drives
- Intrinsic drives
- Why carrot and stick doesn’t motivate
- Understanding matrix relationships
- Fundamental Building Blocks of influence
- What makes people say yes?
- Influencing tactics
- How to influence without authority
- Employment law and the Manager
- Importance of understanding the basics
- The importance of setting standards
- How standards can be set
- Setting motivational objectives and targets
- Attitude Vs behaviour
- Collecting evidence of performance
- Reviewing performance and giving feedback
- Having difficult conversations
- Understanding the difference between misconduct and gross misconduct
- Preparing for a disciplinary review
- Structuring and conducting the meeting
- Tips for diffusing conflicts
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.