People Management Skills
Our People Management Skills training course is designed to act as both an introduction to people management for newly appointed managers as well as a refresher for more experienced managers.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Engage and inspire staff to raise their performance, take pride in their work and give their best.
- Lead by example more and have greater authority and influence with their teams.
- Delegate and supervise work at a distance, and hold their staff to account for their performance.
- Deal more proactively and effectively with difficult people and situations.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training sessions
- What are the traits of engaging leaders?
- Power of a compelling vision
- How to provide vision and direction
- Winning hearts and minds
- Strategic goal setting
- Types of power and influence
- How credible are you as a leader?
- Why should anyone be led by you?
- Visibility and communication
- Avoiding non influential/irritating behaviour
- Key principles of motivation and understanding what
- makes your people tick
- Improving motivation and commitment
- Recognising and celebrating success
- Managing and delegating work at a distance
- Levels of authority
- A process for delegating and supervising work
- Why assertive behaviour is key
- Passive vs aggressive vs assertive behaviour
- Essential skills and techniques
- Difficult situations and behaviours
- Giving difficult feedback
- Dealing with tricky and aggressive behaviours
- Diffusing and resolving conflict
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.