The overall purpose of this course is to enable delegates to be able to mentor effectively, using a range of models, skills and approaches that will be both practical and immediately beneficial to both mentor and mentee.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Set up, manage and deliver mentoring in a highly effective manner.
- Adapt and use a variety of mentoring models, dependant on the situation.
- Offer suggestions, advice and feedback in a variety of proven methods.
- Review their own mentoring practise and identify improvements to continually increase their effectiveness.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- What it is and why it is important?
- Context for professional and personal development
- Important differences between coaching, mentoring & training
- Building rapport and trust
- Non verbal communication/use of body language
- Active Listening
- Questioning approaches & effective challenging
- Summarising, reflecting and paraphrasing
- Methods of offering suggestions & advice
- Approaches to instilling confidence, self-belief and action in the mentee
- Understanding and eliciting people’s drivers
- Impact of values and beliefs on mentoring
- Mentoring models, GROW, CLEAR, JERICHO
- Practical application of mentoring models
- Contracting issues
- Clarifying objectives and progress measurements
- Respective roles and responsibilities
- Handling challenges in mentoring relationships
- Objectives, and outcomes of each session
- Process, practical application of models
- Handling challenges in sessions
- Reviewing session & importance of feedback
- Reviewing own mentoring skills & practise
- Transferring learning back to the workplace