This course is aimed at experienced people managers whose number one concern is maximising the calibre and quality of their staff to create a high performance culture. The focus of the course is on the role and responsibilities of the manager in engaging with key staff to ensure competitive advantage in their marketplace.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Boost the motivation and talent levels of staff.
- Develop strategies for rewarding and recognising performance.
- Coach and develop individuals in their teams.
- Create and implement effective succession planning.
- Ultimately make a significant impact on bottom-line results.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course/online training sessions
- Talent management definition.
- Talent management – a key management skill.
- Understanding the alignment between the business plan and talent management strategy.
- Business case for talent management.
- Designing and managing career systems assessment processes
- Tools to identify and evaluate future potential in employees
- Techniques to coach, mentor and develop individuals
- Designing development programmes
- Retaining and engaging talent for the future health of the organisation
- Motivation models and methods to reward and recognise individual contribution.
- Identifying and developing internal talent pools for key / critical organisational positions
- Career and succession planning tools
- Internal vs external
- Transferring learning back to the workplace