Managing Stress in the Workplace
The overall purpose of the course is to enable the delegates to recognise the signs of stress in their teams and to learn how to manage and minimise stress in the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise signs of stress in their teams.
- Describe in broad terms the UK’s legislation related to workplace stress.
- Understand the key causes of stress in the workplace and the HSE’s guidelines to reduce workplace stress.
- Use a range of techniques to manage stress in the workplace more effectively.
- Identify what actions they need to take to reduce stress in their teams.
- 1/2 day to 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- Course agenda
- Participant’s objectives
- What is pressure and what is stress?
- Definitions of stress
- Impact and consequence of too much stress
- Recognising stress in others
- Legal requirements
- Line management responsibilities
- Employee’s responsibilities
- Understanding the causes of workplace stress
- Too much or too little work?
- Key management strategies
- Building resilience – coaching your staff to manage their own problems
- Management standards
- HSE resources
- The case of Michelle Smith
- What the tool is
- How to use it
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.