This course is designed to develop practical skills in managing work place discipline. The course uses actual cases as learning examples and encourages delegates to discuss the disciplinary issues that they currently face. This course is integrated with your own HR and disciplinary procedures.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the disciplinary process.
- Manage performance issues proactively to minimise the need for formal discipline.
- Conduct a disciplinary interview effectively.
- Manage discipline more effectively in their work area.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- Performance management vs discipline
- Purpose of discipline
- Employment law fundamentals
- The importance of setting standards
- How standards can be set
- Setting motivational objectives and targets
- Setting SMART targets for review
- Prevention is better than cure
- Attitude vs behaviour
- Collecting evidence of performance
- Reviewing performance and giving feedback
- Being clear and specific
- This section is tailored to the organisation’s own disciplinary procedures
- Understanding the difference between misconduct and gross misconduct
- Preparing for a disciplinary interview
- Structuring and conducting the meeting
- Having difficult conversations
- Tips for diffusing conflict
- Disciplinary interview practice
- Transferring learning back to the workplace