Managing Difficult People
This course is for managers who want to improve how they deal with ‘difficult’ team members and / or colleagues. It is also useful for HR professionals who are looking to learn best practice in this area. Dealing with difficult people is a challenge that can consume a manager’s time and energy, and to avoid this, managers need strategies to help them deal effectively with problem behaviour.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a better understanding of the root causes of difficult behaviour.
- Use new skills and techniques to deal assertively and confidently with difficult behaviours.
- Stop difficult team members demoralising the others.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- What is difficult behaviour?
- What causes it?
- People who don’t deliver
- People who disrupt the team’s performance
- People who are often aggressive
- People who are overly cynical and destroy team morale
- People who do not respond to standard performance management processes
- Strategies for dealing with different personalities
- Setting improvement targets
- Reviewing performance
- Holding people to account
- Knowing your rights and theirs
- Knowing when to involve HR
- Transferring learning back to the workplace