Leading Remote Teams
This course is aimed at equipping managers with the skills, confidence and capability to lead teams remotely.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Build a team identity and clear sense of purpose for the remote team.
- Endorse and encourage effective remote team behaviour.
- Use communication tools for effective remote collaboration.
- Manage the team and individuals’ work at a distance.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course/online training sessions
- What is a remote or virtual team?
- Challenges and stresses caused by remote teams
- A framework for leading remote teams
- What does the feedback tell me?
- What are my personal preferences?
- What do I need to be aware of?
- Exploring and valuing difference
- Incorporating cultural differences for the benefit of the team
- Understanding differences in body language and behaviour
- Challenging stereotyping and inappropriate behaviour
- Distinguish between teams and groups
- What is the purpose of the remote team?
- What the team needs to deliver – setting targets
- Determining what can go wrong at a distance
- Aligning behaviours to ensure success
- The Virtual Team contract
- Understanding preferences and styles
- Ensuring communication is inclusive
- Using virtual technologies (internet, instant messaging, etc)
- Understanding barriers to remote relationships
- Building and maintaining remote relationships
- Building trust with and between team members
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.