This course is designed to act as both an introduction to leadership for newly appointed managers as well as a refresher for more experienced managers. Delegates are encouraged to collect feedback about their leadership style prior to the event.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Have a greater understanding of their own leadership style and use practical tools to improve the leadership of their teams.
- Motivate their staff better.
- Delegate more confidently and effectively.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training sessions
- What makes a good leader?
- Identifying and adapting your leadership style
- Task, team and individual
- Situational Leadership
- Directing and Supporting
- Leadership checklist tool
- Leadership feedback
- What do you do well?
- What should you do differently?
- Personal experiences
- What motivates you?
- What motivates your team?
- Motivation checklist tool
- Understanding individual needs
- Setting motivational objectives
- Reviewing performance
- Recognition – practical tips
- What is it?
- What are the benefits of delegation?
- What are the practical steps?
- What should I delegate and who should I delegate to?
- Transferring learning back to the workplace