Introduction to Management
This course is aimed at those in their first managerial role, or anyone looking for a comprehensive overview of latest theory and practice in management. It will provide the delegates with practical tools and techniques.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Use tried and tested techniques to get the best out of their team.
- Use communication skills that work.
- Give constructive feedback and tackle conduct issues.
- Manage their time and delegate with confidence.
- Use assertive techniques to deal with conflict and say “no” when required.
- 2 days/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training sessions
- Why do managers manage?
- Meet the expectations of your team
- A manager’s key responsibilities
- Improving communication upwards and downwards
- The importance of regular meetings
- Developing assertive behaviour
- Use of the appropriate style of management depending on the team, task and individual
- Building your team
- Motivating others through delegation
- Making delegation work and avoiding common pitfalls
- Defining performance standards
- Linking reward to results
- Setting goals and SMART objectives
- Competency frameworks
- Coaching your team
- Structure for constructive feedback
- Do’s and don’ts of feedback
- Motivational and developmental feedback
- Conduct and capability issues
- Personal effectiveness
- Time and stress management
- Managing priorities
- Transferring learning back to the workplace