This course is designed for managers, supervisors or team leaders who need a better understanding of how and when to delegate. This practical course provides an insight into one of the core skills all managers must possess – delegation. As well as exploring what to delegate and when, it will also provide vital coaching tools and techniques that are fundamental to delegating effectively.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise what should and shouldn’t be delegated.
- Empower and develop individuals.
- Be competent in techniques to overcome resistance and delegate in practice.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- The three greatest sins of British management
- Why we avoid delegating
- The benefits of delegating
- Focusing on objectives rather than tasks
- Using delegation as a motivational tool
- Introducing a detailed structure on how to delegate effectively
- Ensuring a successful outcome for all involved
- How to maximise the skills of your team members
- What should and should not be delegated
- Analysing the different management styles
- Improving your listening and coaching skills
- How to deal with different ability and confidence levels
- How to give developmental feedback and appraise your staff
- Case studies
- Role plays
- Preparation and planning
- Communicating decisions
- Transferring learning back to the workplace