Decision Making Skills
The focus of this course is on developing the skills to make the right decisions to ensure minimum risk and maximum return for the organisation as well as enabling the delegates to make decisions autonomously.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Resolve issues quickly and accurately.
- Utilise excellent judgement in decision making.
- Balance risk and return for the organisation.
- Make decisions autonomously.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- Types of problems
- Framework for decision making
- Divergent and convergent thinking
- Data collection and analysis
- Prioritisation of data
- Cause and effect – Ishikawa analysis
- Idea generation – mind mapping, brain writing
- Evaluation tools
- Highlighting ‘hits’
- Paired comparisons
- Decision tools
- Criteria based decisions
- Evaluation matrices
- Scenario planning
- Likelihood vs consequence
- Risk evaluation log
- Identifying mitigating actions
- Preparation and planning
- Communicating decisions
- Transferring learning back to the workplace