Chairing Meetings Effectively
The overall purpose of this course is to enable delegates to chair / facilitate meetings that are focused, keep to time, and get results.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Make their meetings shorter, more focused and productive.
- Set expectations and standards of behaviour in meetings.
- Manage distractions, interruptions and disruptive people.
- Know how to participate actively and make effective contributions.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- Objectives and road map for the day
- Meeting exercise
- Characterisers of effective meetings
- Why are you meeting?
- When not to meet
- Who should attend
- Why should people attend?
- Roles and responsibilities
- POP principle
- Planning the agenda and meeting process
- Making meetings brief
- Tools for generating ideas
- Tools for gaining consensus and making decisions
- Ensuring follow up action
- Taking a different approach
- Focusing on outcomes rather than tasks
- The 4 R’s performance management tool
- What not to review or give feedback on
- Tips to encourage commitment and self responsibility
- Encouraging participation
- Making proactive interventions
- Tips for dealing with difficult situations
- Managing virtual meetings
- Meeting planning and preparation
- Meeting skills in practice
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.
What Our Clients Say about our Chairing Meetings Effectively Training
"The managers attending this course were very pleased with the practicality of the information; lots of tips and tools, which enabled them to easily transfer the skills to their meeting occasions. The training was focussed to their needs and interactive, which has improved the effectiveness and efficiency of many of our meetings." Marie Wood - Training Manager
Covid 19 has certainly brought its own challenges but there are opportunities too. We specialise in face to face training that is engaging, integrated and business relevant. The majority of our courses can also be delivered virtually. We believe that good leaders recognise the importance of investing in their people especially during tough times so please look at our offers page to find out how we can support you.