Building Positive, Healthy Teams Through Compassionate Leadership
This course will help delegates to apply some principles of compassionate leadership to support and lead their teams. We want our people to remain healthy, happy, and productive. We want them to be able to look after themselves, and to recognise the great work that they and their colleagues do. We will explore this through the lens of recent developments in positive psychology, neuropsychology, overwhelm management, and happiness research. Delegates will leave this course with clear ideas on how they can personally help their teams thrive and continue to be successful.
At the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
- Learn about emotional contagion and how a leader’s intentional management of their
emotional wake and bow-wave directly influences a team’s psychological climate
- Explore ways to help their teams be sensitive to and address signs of struggle and strain
before they get too powerful.
- Devise routines to help themselves and their teams start and end their days with clarity,
feeling supported, and able to leave work’s strains behind them when they go home
- Develop practical strategies for cultivating a positive outlook and building social support
networks in both their personal and professional life.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course/online training session(s)
- Emotional Contagion and Leadership. How a leader’s emotional wake can leave teams in a threat or reward state, which can dramatically affect their wellbeing and productivity.
- Individuals and teams become fatigued and go ‘into the red’ through increased pressure and high workloads Compassionate Leaders can help people recognise the warning signs to address issues before this happens. Tools: Window of Tolerance, and the APGAR test.
- Start-up routines to help people remain healthy, focused, productive, and clear on any help they might need.
- Using shut-down routines to help people or teams end their day intellectually and emotionally so they can leave work worries behind and show up at home
- Under pressure our brains can get stuck in a pattern of focusing on the negative. Compassionate Leaders know that teams who feel happy in their work are more productive and successful and create work environments which facilitate this advantage.
- Transferring learning back to the workplace