Advanced Performance Management Skills
To build on the delegates’ existing performance management skills and to give them additional skills and knowledge to develop even greater performance from their people.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what best practice looks like and be able to align their performance management approach with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Be able to use their understanding of human drives to raise performance in their staff and enable them to give their best.
- Be confident to take a different, more advanced approach to managing the performance of their staff.
- Be competent in techniques to overcome resistance and improve self-responsibility.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- Course objectives and agenda
- Participants’ objectives
- Management rights and responsibilities
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Performance Management responsibilities
- How culture impacts performance and behaviour
- What other organisations do
- Best practice performance management processes
- Linking performance management to the organisation’s strategies (Business, L&D etc)
- The changing nature of the workplace
- What the science says about human motivation
- Why ‘carrot and stick’ performance management doesn’t improve engagement or performance
- How to use human drives to improve engagement and performance
- Creating the right culture to allow people to flourish
- Taking a different approach
- Focusing on outcomes rather than tasks
- The 4 R’s performance management tool
- What not to review or give feedback on
- Tips to encourage commitment and self responsibility
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.