This course is designed to develop practical skills in planning, designing and delivering effective presentations to the business standard. Ideally, the delegates should bring with them a presentation that they will need to give in the coming weeks. The delegates will be video recorded during their presentations.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Plan and prepare an effective presentation.
- Be more skilled and confident when presenting.
- Manage personal reactions to pressure.
- Effectively use a range of audio-visual aids.
- This is a practical course and the delegates are expected to deliver a number of presentations during the workshop. The length is usually 2-3 days depending on numbers./ In house tailored training
- What makes a good / bad presentation?
- Purpose of presentations
- What is impact?
- Improving the image we portray
- Use of voice and tone
- Use of body language
- Planning before the event
- Identifying the need / type of presentation
- Identifying the audience
- Planning the content
- Managing the environment
- Effective use of audio-visual aids
- Managing yourself
- Effect of nerves on voice / body language
- Reading the signs
- Handling questions
- Dealing with disruptions
- Practical presentation practice
- Video recording and review
- Transferring learning back to the workplace