The purpose of this workshop is to enable the delegates to influence their team peers and senior managers more effectively.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Be more impactful in a range of work situations.
- Understand how to influence their line manager and other senior managers more effectively.
- Prepare more persuasive and compelling justifications for ideas and projects.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course / online training session(s)
- What is influence
- Why influencing skills are important
- What influential people do
- Building blocks of influence
- Importance of reciprocation
- What makes people say yes!
- Concept of currencies
- Gaining and holding attention
- Winning more attention
- Mind your body language
- Make words work for you
- Understanding how others react to your style
- Balancing ‘warmth’ Vs ‘competence’
- Why projects fail to be approved by senior management
- Range of influencing exchanges
- Understanding differences in power
- What senior managers care about
- Influencing senior managers tool
- Influencing exercises
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.