Giving and Receiving Feedback
This course is designed to provide delegates with the skills and confidence to both give and receive feedback effectively to and from others in the organisation (e.g. boss, peers, and subordinates). During the course the delegates will be expected to give and receive feedback from each other.
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Give feedback to others (boss, peers, and subordinates) in a proactive and effective way.
- Receive feedback from others, judge its validity and make decisions about what to do with the feedback.
- Use feedback skills to improve relationships.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- The Johari Window
- Role and purpose of feedback
- Link to the business
- Feedback that went well
- Feedback that went badly
- Examples of avoidance
- Examples of giving feedback
- When to give it
- When not to give it
- A structure for giving feedback
- Listening and observation
- Importance of body language
- Communication style and using the right words
- Encouraging feedback
- Receiving feedback
- Challenging inappropriate feedback
- Importance of Win – Win
- Separating the person from the issue
- Identifying criteria
- Tips for managing disagreements and resolving conflicts
- Case studies and role plays
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
What Our Clients Say about our Giving and Receiving Feedback Training
You worked with us to understand the training needs and what we wanted to up skill the managers on as a result we managed to deliver a pan EU training offer that was well received by all.