Crucial Conversation Skills
The course is designed to enable delegates to have more effective outcomes from conversations where potentially the stakes are high and emotions may be strong.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Resolve disagreements skilfully and effectively.
- Build acceptance rather than resistance to ideas and solutions.
- Speak persuasively without offending others.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course / online training session(s)
- What is a crucial conversation?
- What crucial conversations do you have?
- A model for having crucial conversations
- Impactful people – what do they do?
- Power of behaviour and body language
- Commanding attention from others
- Understanding the impact you have on others
- Demonstrating confidence
- Stating personal preferences positively
- Speaking without offending – using the right words
- Listening to other points of view
- Defending ideas and addressing concerns
- Understanding others wants, needs and emotions
- Encouraging others to talk and share issues
- Creating win-win situations
- Negotiating on interest and needs
- Building relationships and rapport
- Commitment and consistency
- Social proof
- Authority and positional power
- Avoiding silence or ‘attack’
- Sharing facts, ideas and feelings candidly
- Staying focused and in control
- Handling your own emotions and stress levels
- Dealing with emotional and volatile people /situations
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.