The overall purpose of the course is to develop the skills and confidence of the delegates to deal more effectively with conflict at work.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise a potential conflict situation.
- Use a range of tools and techniques to be able to handle conflict effectively.
- Handle their own emotions more effectively.
- Manage conflicts amongst team members proactively.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- Introduction to the 8 step approach
- Causes and levels of conflict
- Belief/behaviour cycle
- Taking responsibility
- Put yourself in the other person’s shoes – Perceptual positions
- Know what you want – Where to start
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Indicator part 1
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Indicator part 2
- Creating safety
- Rapport and body language
- What stops us listening
- What happens when we don’t
- Top Tips for listening effectively
- Questioning Funnel
- What we want
- Why we want it
- Assertive, passive, aggressive behaviour
- Instinctive response
- CIPD’s Guide to Managing Conflict at work
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
We are a leading edge provider of leadership and management development interventions, talent assessment services and formal training courses.