Communication Skills for Managers
The purpose of the course is to enable first line managers and middle managers who want to improve how they get their message across to their team members and other internal stakeholders. The course looks at how to communicate effectively from a position of authority – to motivate your team and achieve performance improvements through them while retaining their respect.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the necessities of good managerial communication techniques.
- Demonstrate a greater awareness of their own preferred style of communication.
- Use a range of responses to communicate successfully with difficult people and in times of conflict.
- Build more effective personal working relationships.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual course / online training session(s)
- Acknowledge and develop your own communication style
- Adapt your style to the differing needs of individuals in your team
- Choosing the right approach for the right situation
- Portray natural confidence
- Productive questioning techniques
- Communicate as a manager and leader and earn respect
- Develop receptive and open body language
- Apply the art and science of influence
- Dealing with difficult and confusing situations
- Communicating with those who don’t want to listen
- Using communication to drive performance improvements in individuals
- Role play and discussion with other delegates to reinforce your learning
- Transferring learning back to the workplace