The course is designed to develop the delegates’ skills and confidence to be more assertive in a variety of situations at work.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of assertive behaviour.
- Use a range of assertiveness techniques.
- Understand how to deal with aggressive and submissive behaviour.
- 1 day/In house or consultant facilitated virtual training session(s)
- What is it?
- Why is it important?
- Impact of assertive behaviour
- Assertive, aggressive and submissive behaviours
- Company styles
- Low self esteem
- Handling conflict
- Fundamental communication skills
- Verbal and non verbal communications
- Giving and receiving praise
- Making and receiving requests
- Using ‘I’ statements
- Different approaches to handing conflict
- Improving the process to handling difficult people
- Transferring learning back to the workplace
What Our Clients Say about our Assertiveness Skills Training
All of the trainees on Assertiveness Skills training with Developing People were really happy with the delivery, the tutor's approach and knowledge as well as the content of the training. We will definitely use Developing People again when a training need arises.
The course went down very well with the participants. The training was packed with useful tools and techniques. It’s important because it impacts directly on the way in which you interact with other people.