Citywire is a financial publisher which aims to provide independent financial guidance to its clients and readers. It provides a range of on line and print publications and services such as:
- Citywire Money – investment fact sheets and tools for the independent investor.
- New Model Advisor – advice for professional financial planners.
- Wealth Manager – essential news for Investment professionals.
- Citywire Global – for international investors.
We prepared and delivered a bespoke fundamental leadership programme for the businesses’ first line and middle managers to:
- Manage their time and priorities more effectively.
- Engage and inspire their staff to raise their performance, take pride in their work and give their best.
- Lead by example more and have greater authority and influence with their teams.
- Delegate and supervise work and hold their staff to account for their performance.
- Deal more proactively and effectively with difficult people and situations.
The programme consisted of a number of novel approaches such as:
- Pre and post programme questionnaires to measure performance and effectiveness of the intervention.
- Practical tools and techniques to improve leadership, influence and managing difficult situations.
- Realistic case studies tailored to the business to allow the participants to practice their skills in a safe environment.
What was the impact of our work?
Our work provided benefits to both the participating managers as well as Citywire. For example:
- A more consistent approach to leadership across the business.
- Managers who use their time more effectively.
- Managers are more confident and able to deal promptly with difficult performance and other issues (preventing them from escalating).
- Managers who are better able to support the rapid growth and success of the business.
“Developing People International delivered a management development programme which has had a significant impact on our business. Their approach was tailored specifically to our needs, and complimented other sessions we were running alongside, so our managers are better able to support the success and continued growth of the business, the feedback from our staff who attended the programme has been excellent”
Bianca Parker-Beckett, Human Resources Manager