Basingstoke College of Technology
Basingstoke College of Technology (BCOT) is a further education College, based in North Hampshire.
We have worked with BCOT in 2012 to deliver a programme of bite sized training sessions for different levels of managers to help them to improve their managerial effectiveness.
The programme was tailor-made to the College’s needs which enabled the managers to explore real life College issues whilst studying the different topics and developing best practice.
The training consisted of a range of activities, exercises, case studies, and role plays.
This training gave the participants effective tools and techniques to take back into the workplace.
The programme consisted of four high impact bite sized modules covering the following subjects:
- Managing change, to enable the managers to successfully cope with change, understand the change process and led by example.
- Stress management, supporting managers to manage their own pressure and to better support their staff.
- Coaching and mentoring skills, giving the managers the skills to communicate effectively and get the most out of their teams.
- Performance management, allowing managers to set effective targets, manage poor performance and give feedback.
- 52 feedback forms were completed by managers and the average feedback rating was 4.3/5.
What was the impact of our work?
- More disciplined and effective PDRs.
- Better questioning techniques.
- Dealing with stress more effectively.
- More effective coaching of their people.
“Developing People worked with us to design and deliver a Management Development Programme in “bite-size” modules to specifically address the challenges faced by our man-agers and college. The programme was excellent value for money and one which I would certainly like to repeat. The skills learnt on this high impact programme were readily transferred back to the workplace and really benefitted our managers and the college.”
Sarah Meeson , Director of HR